Friday, March 20, 2009

DIY Makeover: Medicine Chest

Yesterday I wanted to do a little DIY project in my oh so tiny bathroom. Just a little something to make it prettier, something relatively easy and quick. I wanted instant satisfaction. As I looked around, I decided to re-do the inside of my Medicine Cabinet. It was pretty drab and boring......see below...

(BEFORE: Medicine Chest)

So I grabbed some beautiful scrapbooking pages that I recently picked up on a trip to Target. I wish I could tell you the brand but I bought them on clearance because the package was open.

I simply measured the space inside the cabinet, cut the paper and the important part is to laminate the sheets! Otherwise the humidity will obviously make the pages warp. I used the roll of clear laminate that you can pick up at any craft store. To adhere the pages, I used removable double sided tape, because I want to have the option to change it up if I feel the inkling to!
And that was it!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't it look so much better. Then I felt I needed SOMETHING for the door, so I added the 'Hello Lovely'!! Because don't we all want to hear that in the morning! (For that part I laminated the sheet first and then glue gunned the yarn words onto the laminate). Oh, I almost forget to tell you to laminate some paper doiles as well, they look sooo sweet! You can do as much or as little as you want.

I showed my husband what I was doing and he wondered why I would do that for the inside where no one will see it!!!! I said, 'IT'S FOR ME, I WILL SEE IT." Everyday!

So get to it ladies, do it for yourself!!!!


PS-And when you have parties and have the.. 'lets call them curious' guests who peek inside your medicine chest, it will kill them that they cannot compliment you on its beauty, lest they out themselves as a snoop. : )


PSS-- After I finished this project, I viewed Tracy's Inspiration Fascination video on Friday where they were also so timely sharing bathroom inspirations!!! And I went back and added the little TEACUP for my Q-tips! Thanks Tracy.........I love that!!!!

11 comments:

gmasthriftshop said...

Love it! Very creative. I think i'm going to have to try this one myself!

Anonymous said...

how clever.. love it. i think im going to copy your idea! how fun!!! :o) thanks! xo.

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Lovely!
That is so clever and pretty. What a fun and creative blog you have - my first time here. Thanks for sharing with the TP durls!

mima said...

Darling!!! Hey! I found you from Traceys site!! You have some wonderful ideas too my dear! Thanks for sharing!!!Have agreat day!

Anonymous said...

where did you get those cute white cup holders?

jade said...

Hi Anon... Oh now I've got to try and remember... I know the ones on the top shelf are from IKEA..I think the others are from Anthropologie.

Anonymous said...

and to add to your brilliant idea you could add to the beauty of the bathroom with a matchbox by jenlewdesigns.com

Amanda Jordan said...

oh my goodness, i LOVE this idea. i am going to do this today. i have had the worst/ugliest looking cabinet forever. thank you!!!

casapinka said...

This has so much inspiration in it. I really like the "Hello Lovely" in yarn. I actually thought your cabinet looked great in the before shot as well, so well done.

fashiongirl said...

I love the inside, with the cute wallpaper (is it wallpaper?)Really nice!

P.S i got the link for this from Linkage Loveliness, you should look at it!

Anonymous said...

Rather nice place you've got here. Thank you for it. I like such themes and everything that is connected to them. BTW, try to add some pics :).