Monday, December 12, 2011
Friday, December 09, 2011
canvas drop cloth and electrical tape. Boring, right. When I walk past this
stack of beautiful black LEANING MIRRORS for $99. They were huge 33" x
79". So I stop and stare at them for about 5 minutes. Try to pick one
up..heavy as @#$%. I stand there another 5 minutes hoping someone will come
by to help me. I'm also thinking I have my car stuffed with Donations that I
was supposed to drop off. (insert Swear word here!) How can I possibly fit it?
strong man in the parking lot to assist helpless weak lady : ) Thank you
Oh wait..that's not the best part. So a week later
I am back in Home depot... and I see my Mirror is NOW only $60. Holy crap.
I happen to have my receipt and yes, they gave me
my $40 credit.
It's a great deal for a mirror this size and can i
tell you... I think this mirror is a little SLIMMING.(ie. makes you look thinner) I'm not kidding, extra perk.
Anyway...it seems this is an In-store deal only. So hop to it.
Thursday, December 08, 2011
Wednesday, December 07, 2011
Next, on my favs list, is Beth from BJones Style. I've been catching up on the archives. I love her hair tutorials. So fun. I know, better late than never.
Thursday, December 01, 2011
This started out as a plain white shade which I covered in burlap, added some bits of fabric and ribbon. There's no light...but I just hung a string of butterfly lights she had inside and it's perfect for the playroom.
I don't know if I can ever go back to getting dressed up for work. Please, not any time soon.
Next post, maybe I'll share some office photos and a tiny project for that window. Let's break the No.1 rule of blogging and share our imperfect photos ...what the hell, right?
Friday, November 04, 2011
Friday, October 28, 2011
* Tonight is the huge Kids Halloween party at school. But we also have a little Pre-party at a friends house for us parents..so we can make it thru the next 2 hrs of craziness. And it is, trust me.
* This weekend there is a Nor-Easter coming...if you can even believe that. I woke up and heard the news guy talking about it, and thought I was still dreaming. Snow before Halloween..weird. And I'm so not ready for that mess yet.
* Sat night, my little one is supposed to have a sleepover at her Aunty's house. Hopefully weather permitting. She wants to see their decorations.... they go all out, but scary. So she only wants to see it in the Day...no joke, she means it.
* Sometime this weekend- Momma has got to spend her Bday cash!!! That's right, guilt free shopping. That's the best kind. I have to remind myself to not buy home goods. I can't help it.
Thursday, October 27, 2011
Monday, October 24, 2011
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Friday, October 14, 2011
- Tonight is Taco night! Easy...yes all of a sudden my 8 yrs old REQUESTED tacos, this has never happened. She always complained when I made them. I think some TV show influenced her. Weird right?
- Saturday, trip to NYC for In-laws 60th wedding Anniversary. I know, 60 yrs married..wowser! We are heading to see a Broadway show and then for dinner. Yum.
- Sunday will involve a whole lot of nothing. Well maybe a visit to see my family if I don't get too lazy. ; ) My little girl wants to see her Aunty, really bad.
So, what's on your schedule? Oh there's also a block party Saturday night that we might stop by and meet some new neighbors. Fun.
Tuesday, October 11, 2011
Hope your extended weekend was awesome and relaxing. We had a 5th bday party to go to. It was great for the kids AND the adults, which is most important. ; ) have to keep the adults entertained or keep our cups filled. I'm joking, ....mostly.
Tuesday, October 04, 2011
Monday, October 03, 2011
Sunday, October 02, 2011
Things to notice in the BEFORE shots:
*** FAUX laminate wood cabinets.... they don't look anything close to real, trust me
** Flower Stained glass panels at the end cabinets..(yikes)
** Country border around ceiling..(le sigh*)
** Country switch plates
** Notice NO backsplash....(WTH)
** Ugly ceiling fan (oh no)
** Hospital- like blinds on sliding doors...($%^*&)
So now here we are today..
I made 5 small changes-
1. Black Faux leather contact paper for Backsplash
2. Cork board to cover stained glass
3. Black switch plates to replace country ones
4. More Black Contact paper on Upper cabinets
5. Curtains to replace, hospital blinds
Next I needed to cover those Stained Glass Panels ASAP...there were only 2...so I thought CORK would be great and they could be used to pin notes,pictures or grocery list, etc (probably not the one near the stove, but the other end, YES) . I just bought that 4 pack of cork squares and cut them to size...(cost around $6.99 on sale).
Next I added the black contact paper to the upper cabinets only.... just to see.. And I liked the results. Already it just feels more modern and less 60ish.
The last little thing I did was replace all those Country outlet plates with black ones..they are under 1 each... I had no idea they were so cheap. ($3.00)
That's it! For me it makes a big difference and will help hold me over a little bit longer. There are a few things I still want to do, such as paint the Hardware on the cabinets. Get rid of ceiling fan.
and maybe DIY some kind of island from our of old kitchen table.
OK this last one is not part of update, but I had to share my Missoni serving tray!