Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Updates, Shabby Chic & pretty things...

HELLO to you!!!

I didn't even get to share the good news, YES I am working again!!! As you know it's been a long haul, so I'm very thankful!!! I started in November, it's for a Media company in NYC, so ofcourse that is the ideal type of company for me as well!

So here's a little story related to the area I work which is very close to SOHO and LOTS of wonderful shops! I happened to stumble upon Rachel Ashwells blog(the Shabby Chic queen) and learned that she re-opened 2 shops and one was in SOHO! So at lunch I had to go check it out. As I was walking down the street nearing the shop, I saw a woman standing outside and I knew instantly that it is was Rachel Ashwell herself!!! I couldn't believe it, I was shocked and thrilled. She was on the phone, so I just continued in the store.
The shop is extremely beautiful! I walked around touching everything. Rachel is still outside on the phone. So now I am bummed because I have to go and can't wait around. So I leave, and now I am sooo mad that I didn't get to speak with her or anything. So I turn around and decide to go back and atleast buy her book. So now she is off the phone.... but do I speak to her. NO.


Do I ask to take pictures with her or of the store for my blog, because I have my camera. NO! Do I atleast get an autograped book. You guessed it, NO! I totally chicked out. Am I crazy or what?


ugggggghhhh! Have you ever done the same thing?! So anyway, here's my pretty un-autographed book!!



This little notebook below is from Anthropologie!!! I love the beautiful sewn flowers on the cover! So perfect. It's a blank journal.



And lastly, this is a little quick project I did this weekend. I really, really hate how tissue boxes look, don't you!!! They are just ugly, period. So I whipped up this no-sew project using remnants from an IKEA curtain. I used that 'Iron-on' hemming stuff.


BEFORE:
AFTER:

Well, I just realized, I did stitch the flowers and twine on the side. But you can use your glue gun for the whole project, I would have but I ran out of glue. I'm going to make a few more for other rooms!
PS-- I signed up for Holly's (Decor8) new E-course 'Blogging your Way' in January. Can't wait!!!

2 comments:

Gabriella said...

Congratulations on finding a job, especially one that suits you!

lol, about your book. Maybe you'll bump into her again sometime, and then you can have her sign your book (bring it everywhere you go!).

And very nice tissue box! :D

Good Girls Studio said...

Congrats on the new job! You crack me up...you'd be a great stalker :)