Sunday, November 18, 2007

Before and after: Wardrobe re-design

BEFORE: This was a top I picked up, but it turned out to be too small for me.




AFTER: I loved the pattern and especially the eyelet lace bottom. I thought this would make a great kid's skirt for my little girl.

So, I grabbed my scissors and starting cutting. I cut off the top part of the blouse right underneath the bossom, but right above the first line of brown lace. The back of the top actually had ties so I could adjust the waist as a skirt. and voila!!!! The best part was NO SEWING! I tried to get the lil chicky to model for me but she was so tired and constantly moving that every shot was blurry. : )


Front


Back with ties



I had some extra material so I made a matching double wrap bracelet or it could be a headband as well. I'm really happy with how it came out.

No comments: