Monday, May 21, 2007

Wardrobe refashion


So remember how just two weeks ago I posted about 'using what you have' and trying to curb the shopping bug for mass produced items. Well this weekend I was reading my copy of Adorn mag and there was a little blurb in there about 'Wardrobe refashion' where you go to this site and pledge to abstain from purchasing 'new' manufactored items for a period of 2/4 /or 6 months. And you post photos to share with everyone! See more here..... at Nikkishell.typepad

The great thing is that you're not banned from buying handmade things..for example from ETSY. So you can still get your fix. : )
I haven't pledged yet...because June is a killer month with my sisters Bday, husbands Bday, Nephew's Bday, 1 anniversary, 1 graduation, Father's Day, it's totally overwhelming.

Pledge:

'I __________________ pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 / 4 / 6 months. I pledge that i shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoated, recylcled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftyness brings! Signed__________________.'

No comments: